Saturday, April 22, 2017

Drivers in the house...

One word: Frightening. I'm not going to lie...



After successfully completing an online driving course and exam, these two handsome boys are now eligible to drive. Granted with us but if I have my way, it will only happen when it's with their dad! Here in Florida first time drivers are required to have their permit for a full year before qualifying to get their offical drivers license. Of course we didn't learn this until a couple months after their 15th birthday so being the boys didn't get their permits until mid April, there is no way they will qualify to get their license on their birthday! But I'm really ok with that. Yes, I'd love to have them driving themselves to their various activities but after moving to Florida and witnessing so many accidents on our local roads, I'm ok with a little delay. Between the tourists, foreigners, illegals, senior citizens and texting teenagers here in Orlando, it's one scarey scene. Someone is going to have to drive with them though because they are required to log in fifty hours of driving before they can even get their license. Deep breaths... deep breaths... :)

No comments: