Wednesday, June 29, 2016

"We've got singles in our britches yes we do..."

What do we remember most about Sage's softball season? Well, I don't know that it was all the "singles" she hoped to hit but I can say we will definitely remember all the cheers she led in the dugout! So much so that I'd wake up in the middle of the night with the tunes going through my mind. I'm pretty certain this cheer leading was what also earned her a spot on the League's all star game for the second year in a row! Each year, near the end of the season, they ask all the girls on the team to submit three names of team mates they feel have earned a spot on the all star team. One would normally think the girls chosen would be selected because of their skill and for the most part that was the case but once again even sweet Sage was surprised when the email came indicating she had been chosen for this year's all star team! It was very sweet though and she was honored to have been selected. This season she again played catcher but I'm pretty certain next year she may take a pass on catcher as she got a bit burnt out of it this year...literally because on certain days it was so hot out and to have to put all that gear on was dreadful but to her credit she never complained but she really enjoyed her other two positions of short stop and third base!

Team Purple Power!!!



Sage and Reece during their All Star game!

No comments: