So here we are at our first stop, the State Capital!

After enjoying our sack lunches on the Capital grounds it was off to the science museum. I had to laugh though when one of the displays was a pay phone. Definitely from back in the olden days...haha! Sage and Olivia had quite a fun time together exploring the museum!


By far the highlight of the day had to be when I glance over at Sage and a few of her classmates fondling something and making gross faces. At that moment I had no idea what it was and then I heard the words "ooooh it's warm and do you feel that lump?". After walking over I had to laugh when I saw they were fondling a testicle... Yes, a testicle is what's hidden within that wooden box.

After spending a few hours at the museum and watching a show in the imax theater it was time to work our way home! The teachers were smart and planned their economics lesson that centered on money and budgeting around a dinner stop at Chick-fil-a. All the kids had brought envelopes of money and had researched in advance what they planned to order and the approximate cost. By far the second highlight of the day had to be watching the faces of all the people already enjoying their dinners at Chick-fil-a as they realized it was about to be overtaken by dozens of elementary kids. Here is Sage with her other best friend Annabelle after filling up their bellies!

Admittedly, I sighed a big sigh of relief as we arrived back in the school parking lot that evening. Riding on a packed bus, in the dark, in a rain storm, without wearing a seat belt, feels a bit like riding down the highway in a waterbed on stilts. A bit scary I must admit...
No comments:
Post a Comment