Saturday, September 26, 2015

Celebrating with "Style"...

Sage and Jack have always been Taylor Swift fans but me on the other hand...not so much, at least up until her most recent album. I have though always appreciated her good girl image and desire to be a good example to young women. So in August, months after her 1989 World Tour tickets had first gone on sale, Sage casually mentioned how she wished she could see her in concert. I knew Taylor had come through Louisville months prior but as it turned out she would be coming back through Columbus and Indianapolis in the next few weeks. Well when Jack learned she'd be in Columbus on my actual birthday he thought it would be a great way to celebrate and encouraged me to look into tickets. Of course the whole tour had been sold out since close to ten minutes after tickets first went on sale back in November so the only way to get tickets was through winning them on the radio...lol...or buying them on the resale market! The good news about buying tickets on the resale market is that you can really search out the exact seats you are interested in (for a premium of course) and I'm fairly confident that half the tickets originally purchased were purchased with the intent to sell them on the resale market at a big profit. The bad news is that you pay multiples times the original ticket price due to broker fees and scalpers looking to make a buck. Never would I had imagined spending what we did on these tickets. NEVER! I mean good grief, just the broker fee was $250 and I will admit I didn't sleep for a few nights after purchasing them but Jack really encouraged me to do it knowing it would be a memory Sage would hopefully never forget and a great way to spend my birthday. We ended up finding aisle seats in the first row just above the floor in a section close to the stage so that Sage wouldn't have to worry about people blocking her view if she got tired and wanted to sit down for a bit. It was so worth the sick stomach I had over the darn tickets as they were great seats! Here's a few photos from our night!

The closest Sage would ever get to Taylor...lol!



In our seats waiting for Vance Joy to open up the show! I don't think Sage was too thrilled when she learned it would be another hour before Taylor Swift would be on stage but watching her stand up and dance to his music was so cute!



Almost time...



Finally!






Loved hanging out with my little buddy at her first concert ever even if she did ask about one hour into Taylor's performance how much longer it had!!! I calmly whispered in her ear that after what her dad had spent on these tickets she'd better be willing to listen to her for a full 24 hours...haha!!! It was a late night, she had been up since 6:30 that morning for school so I had to remind myself it was ok!



The return on investment? A couple guitar pics that some kind band staff member came by to give Sage as Taylor first started performing. We heard it was Taylor's dad but we don't know for sure! But Sage was sure excited to get them!



Definitely one of the more exciting birthdays I've had! Happy big 45 to me!!!

No comments: