Saturday, April 11, 2015
Easter 2015!
After a wonderful week vacationing in Honduras we returned home late Saturday night before Easter Sunday. Thankfully the Easter bunny was smart enough to prepare Easter baskets before leaving as there was no way I'd been up for the task of organizing baskets at midnight after a day of travel and with the spirit of Easter being alive and well in the Roddy household, heaven forbid they get forgotten! Granted it would have been tempting to explain that the Easter bunny would be visiting a day late so I could shop the discounted candy sales instead, but I knew that wouldn't go over well (and I'm really not that cheap). Although we didn't dye any eggs this year I did manage to fill the Easter eggs for the Easter egg hunt between loads of laundry because even the boys still love an Easter egg hunt! And although dinner didn't include a gigantic spread or company coming over, we did have good food and good conversation. As a family we discussed how nice it was to see how much more meaning Easter appeared to have in Honduras than in the US. I had read that they actually place more importance on the resurrection of Christ than the birth which is why during Easter week (also known as Semana Santa), the stores close down so families can vacation and spend time together. Indeed we witnessed that and talked about how in future years we would make a point to celebrate and honor the holiday more than we typically do. Happy Easter!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment