Saturday, August 23, 2014

Ready, Set, SCHOOL!

It felt like we got a little robbed this summer with school starting on Aug. 14th but sure enough the day had arrived! I think we all felt like ping pong balls during the middle school orientation that took place a few days before school started as we bounced around the school trying to figure out the best routes for the boys to get from one class to the next with stops at their lockers. The funniest thing was after going through all of that it wasn't until I was at lunch with a bunch of friends on that first day of school that I learned that included on their schedules were two classes for NEXT semester. Well, thankfully as it turned out Connor was enlightened by one of his teachers of this and didn't end up spending half his day running to next semesters classes...I would have felt so bad! So here are my two handsome boys during orientation and then on the first day of school. One would think I was sending them out at night but when you have a bus pick-up time of 6:47 which a couple days later got moved up to an earlier 6:40 a.m. it means they have to leave the house by 6:30! That's one early morning. I feel so lucky that they are my alarm clock. They are so good about getting themselves up, showered, fed and then waking me up so I can get their lunches done and send them out the door!



After attending open house and meeting their teachers I feel so happy for them. It's nice to meet teachers who you can see have such a passion for their profession and the kids and the best part was the school made a point of giving the boys all the same teachers so although they aren't in any classes together, they have the same teachers (with the exception of one elective) which means they can study together for all their tests, help each other with homework issues, etc. Not to mention I will receive half the emails I would have had they had different teachers for each subject!

And here's our sweet third grader who thankfully didn't have to be to the bus stop until two hours after her brothers! Sage also started at a new school this year since third grade here moves to a school of it's own!



Sage has also been blessed with a couple of fantastic teachers. And how thrilled I am that my name dropping of my old boss at Columbia paid off. Sage got placed in a classroom where her two teachers both use Lucy's curriculum for everything in reading and writing not to mention everyone tells us how amazing they are so I'm really happy for Sage.

So here's to a successful, happy transition to two new schools for three awesome kids!

No comments: