Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Another birthday...another wrinkle...

What started as a simple day ended celebrating with the people that matter most! And I'm happy to report that my new goal starting this year was to be ok with whatever Jack bought me. Instead of my frequent response of "But I don't need that!", I'm slowly learning to just enjoy the mementos that he and the kids give me. They never disappoint, are always lovely and from here on out I'm going to be more gracious about accepting! This year Jack and the kids surprised me with a beautiful bracelet which meant even more once Jack explained the steps he had taken in choosing it. Of course my birthday wouldn't be complete without my favorite....angel food cake. I also feel grateful for all the wonderful voice mails, notes, lunches, and flowers from dear friends and family! I felt very loved.


No comments: