Monday, September 2, 2013

The lazy days of summer...

Well, I don't know that waking up by 7:30 every morning for swim practice makes for a "lazy summer" but indeed most days did feel kind of lazy! Here are some of the highlights from our first full summer here:

Just another turtle crossing the street...



Soak City with the Hayes and Simmons...



Jack's work party at the Cincinnati Zoo...



My first Red's game against the Giants! Wow, that's a lot of RED...



Kings Island with the Simon's...clearly Ty was a bit nervous for this ride...



Ahhh, this is what summers are supposed to be about...Sage and Cameron enjoying many days of swimming together!



An evening as a family rollerblading and biking around the VOA park...



Can I say how excited I was when my Lilli bulbs started to pop out of the ground this spring? After eight years producing the most amazing smelling flowers in WA I wasn't about to leave them so our kind lawn guy dug them up and one of the packers assured me he knew the trick for transporting them and saving them! Well it worked and although the stems weren't as thick as they had gotten in WA because the bulbs did fall a part a bit, they were just as lovely smelling! Here is my first crop from the bulbs that traveled across the country...



The Loveland Castle! Who knew there was a castle just a few miles up the road...




The kids LOVED hanging out at the wave machine at Soak City...the biggest kid being Jack! Any chance to go with the kids he was there!!! I can't even count how many hours they must have spent here...



Sage and Cameron enjoying their weekly trampoline class together...



Goodbye Silly Bandz and hello Rainbow Loom! Well, thankfully we said goodbye to Silly Bandz a couple years ago but this is the latest and greatest trend among kids...at least for today...

No comments: