This year Sage was the only one that knew what she was going to be months in advance (a pirate) and yet the day before Halloween changed her mind. The boys weren't sure what they wanted to be but did agree that they wanted the $20 I'd pay them each to wear something from around the house. Connor decided on using the costume Ty used for the wax museum project at school last year and went as Neil Armstrong. Ty has become a big Manti Te'o fan (Notre Dame linebacker) so after Jack came back from the Notre Dame/BYU game a couple weeks ago, Ty had a costume ready to go.
A couple days before Halloween Jack learned that he would need to dress up at work. Apparently Halloween is really big at Lux. So, on Halloween eve, he found himself frantically searching the bare racks of the Halloween Costume store looking for a costume. I recommended him going as a Replacement Ref or Big Bird but when you are looking for a costume at the 11th hour, beggars can't be choosers. Annoying Orange was all that was left...lol! Once Sage saw the costume dad was going to wear she insisted she wanted to wear it trick or treating so my cute pirate quickly became really annoying!!! Sadly I didn't get a photo of Jack in all his glory...and then for the first time I didn't get a photo of the kids before they headed out. I did manage to grab one when they returned but due to the damp weather all of Connor's stickers had fallen off so Neil Armstrong looked more like a skier!

The houses in our neighborhood sit on much larger pieces of land which means there is a lot more walking involved and less trick or treating but we were so proud of our kids who respectfully walked up and down each walkway or driveway rather than running across lawns like most the other kids we saw doing as they trick or treated. It was a great teaching opportunity to explain that just because everyone is doing it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
1 comment:
Wow they were rewarded. I can't believe all the full sized candy bars. I thinks that is great that the boys are willing to be creative and find a costume around the house. Sage's costume cracks me up. At first I could not even figure out what it was supposed to be. Looks like they had a great time.
Post a Comment