Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, everyone knows I'm not a fan of my birthday which was on Sept. 17th. In fact, I'm not very great with anyone else's birthday either but this year Jack was determined to get me a bike. He had wanted to do this back in WA but really there isn't a lot of nice bike riding weather out there and for Mother's Day I knew we'd be moving so I figured it best to wait until we got out to Ohio. Every time we go on the Disney Cruise we rent beach cruisers at Disney's private island. I love riding them as they are much more comfy so I finally agreed he could buy me one of those. Now to be honest I found one at Wal Mart that I fell in love with. It was super cute but Jack refused to get me one from Wal Mart and insisted on one from the local bike shop. Of course they are triple the price and don't look quite as cute but they do have better gears and components (at least that's what they tell me). They also are bare bones so he added a cute bell and basket to it. Later I saw another one at Target that was super cute but in the end I keep telling myself that mine will probably last a lot longer and how lucky I am to have a hubby that cares so much about getting me what he thinks is the nicest stuff...even if frugal me would be just as happy with the Wal Mart bike!!! So here it is in all it's glory. Sage loved that it was pink and that it had a bell on it!



Here is Ty getting artsy with the camera. He kept laughing at the size of the seat...

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

That sounds like a great birthday present. Gary bought me a bike a couple years ago for my b-day and now that the kids can ride their bikes we can really enjoy them together. I sure your kids love that you can go for bike rides with them.