So here in Mason, the kids are required to have sports check ups before they can participate in football. Being it was the last minute and I had yet to find the kids a doctor we rushed over to an urgent care. One of the things they check for is vision which makes sense but to be honest I couldn't remember the last time their eyes had been checked. I know they do it sometimes at the school but I really had no idea. When it was Ty's turn to read the letters out loud I thought he was goofing off when he said he couldn't read the first line the doctor asked him to read. Needless to say by the end of the appt. it was clear Ty needed to see an eye doctor. Thankfully, he was excited about the idea of wearing glasses, which I'm sure had something to do with his dad mentioning that Oakley sold not only great sunglasses but also nice frames. So after a couple hours at Lenscrafters, Ty walked out with a whole new outlook on life...
Here he is noticing what a difference his glasses make when reading from his iTouch...
I have to say I almost started crying at the appt. when they had him put on his new frames for the first time and he exclaimed "Oh my gosh Mom, I can read that over there so clearly". I thought he was going to start crying too. What a terrible mom I felt like. Who knows how long he would have gone thinking it was normal to be staring at a blurry board at school. Just so glad we figured it out now!
1 comment:
Man that is too bad that he had such a hard time seeing and that he thought it was normal. That is good that they caught it and he could get some glasses to help.
Post a Comment