It was so funny as we flew into Ontario to hear Sage ask "Mom, I thought California was a sunny place"... What she has yet to learn about southern California is that there is also a lot of smog which sometimes makes it hard to see the sun. Thankfully once we landed and headed to Heather's in Temecula, we were greeted by warm sunny weather and an adorable Mackenzie Wray! This was Sage and Mackenzie's first time meeting each other and we knew it would either be a big success or a big flop because for years we've been saying that they sounded exactly alike. Luckily with the exception of Sage giving a little attitude once in a while, they became fast friends! I don't know who was more excited, Mackenzie to sleep in the trundle of her new bed or Sage to sleep in someone else's bed and at someone else's house since this marked her first sleepover ever!
Since Heather and I are a lot alike, it only made sense that our girls would be too...
The next morning I woke up and headed into San Diego for Michele's big day. In the meantime, Heather was busy taking the girls to paint pottery, attend her boys' football games and as you can see a cupcake stop somewhere in there too!
As I drove in to San Diego I called Jack and said we indeed have to move out here asap. Whenever I'm in California, I feel like I'm home. Jack and I have both said that when it's time to retire I think we'll find ourselves either in San Diego or NYC. Two of our favorite places by far. If things go as planned we're hoping to get back to California sooner than that!
Introducing the beautiful couple...

What an honor it was to be Michele's escort in the temple. She looked beautiful, the weather was magnificent and I think she found herself a great catch in Rick. After a busy morning we headed to Fallbrook for a wonderful ring ceremony and reception. It was truly amazing.

After a busy day, I returned back to Temecula to get in my much needed girl time with Heather and the girls. We packed our overnight bags and headed to Disneyland bright and early the next morning. The last time we were in Disneyland was in 2007 before Jack started with 24 HR. Fitness. Then in 2008 we headed to Disney World before going on the Disney Cruise so Sage was too young to remember any of that. It was so fun to see how excited she was to be there. Between perfect weather, a photo opt with Rapunzel, and hitting every good ride in the park, I'd say the day was a big success. By the time the fireworks launched, Sage was out cold but not before testing out Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Star Tours, and Thunder Mountain which all became a few of her favorites! Heaven forbid we miss the Haunted Mansion, I would have been in big trouble. Heather and I would laugh as she'd frequently remind us we needed to go on that ride still. Clearly I'll always have a ride buddy since Sage is just like her mom and loves all the fast and scary rides!!! By far one of my favorite memories is sitting with her on Space Mountain with both of us raising our arms to the sky for the entire ride.

Of course you can't come to Disneyland and not leave with some sort of memorabilia. Grandma and Grandma had given her $20 to pick something out for her birthday. I had no idea what this thing was she picked but apparently it's from Toy Story 3 and amazingly the belly smells like strawberries. Sage had to have it. Thanks mom and dad!!!
After a fulfilling day we jumped on the shuttle back to our room at the DoubleTree Suites where we all enjoyed a good nights rest and spent the next day at the Grove in LA going to the American Girl Cafe. Heather had made reservations for us beforehand and again we had fantastic weather as we sat outside on the balcony terrace eating lunch. The girls loved it and I loved that Sage has yet to figure out that her "American Girl" doll is a fake one from Target! If only Target could get the hair right, they'd have a gold mine on their hands because I think Sage's Target one is way cuter than any of the ones at American Girl store not to mention hers looks just like her. We picked her up a pajama set and were good to go! Phew, one bullet dodged. I was pretty certain I'd end up having to walk out of the store with a new doll and since this was also like a birthday trip for her I was going to be ok doing it but nope, she never asked and so I never offered...
It was sure an action packed four days of fun!!! Here are some other favorite shots from the trip:
A special thanks to Heather and the kids for being such great hosts! We had a fantastic time and looking back through the photos I can't believe I didn't get one nice one of Heather and I. With all the photos through the years dating from middle school and high school to weddings, to NYC, to a house visit out to Calif. to a girls weekend and a high school reunion, you'd think we'd have remembered to get a nice one of the two of us but I guess that's what happens as we age...we become forgetful! One thing for sure though is we both finally got our girls and what a fun time we had celebrating with them!!! Thanks Heather!
And I have to once again thank my mom who so willingly flies out with little notice to come watch kids whenever needed. I had to laugh when Connor said to me the other day, "you know mom, I use to always cry when we'd leave grandma and grandpa's house but I don't do that as much anymore because I know I'll get to see them real soon!"
2 comments:
San Diego is quite marvelous. Looks like you and Sage had a wonderful time in all your adventures down here. Love your bridesmaid dress and your friend's wedding dress.
That sounds like such a fun trip. How fun to get to spend a girls weekend together. I am glad you guys had a fun time.
Post a Comment