Saturday, May 26, 2012

S is for Sage, Six, and Spa...

Forget about the week long birthday celebration, this year Sage's birthday felt like it went on for a month between our mommy/daughter trip to California at the beginning of the month, her official birthday on May 15th, and her friend party on the 25th!

The official day began with her getting to share her "Birthday Person" with her kindergarten class. Her wonderful teacher Mrs. Kinghorn has each of the kids share their "favorite things" with the classroom on their big day but what makes it all feel super official is when they take their mini-me person and move it from the five year old section to the six year old section on the classroom wall...



Unfortunately Jack wasn't able to celebrate with us since he had to be back in Ohio but we didn't let that stop us from having a small family celebration and being that he is the only one in the family that doesn't care for angel food cake it all worked out well since Sage requested angel food cake as her birthday cake!

Although Sage's main birthday gift was the trip to Disneyland, initiation into the Roddy family requires receiving a snorkel set...




Of course the bigger and much more exciting party is the one with friends. Even though the boys had gotten the shaft this year on a party, I knew I couldn't let that happen to Sage. First of all the boys have had 9 years of fun birthday parties and being this was only Sage's sixth, I owed it to her but more importantly was that Sage loves to read Fancy Nancy books and several months ago when we were reading It's Beauty Day, Sage had decided she wanted her next birthday to be done after the book. She even had made me make a list of all the stuff they do in the book since she knew she'd have to return the book and didn't want to forget anything. Between our trip to California and getting the house on the market, her party was delayed just a bit but it was worth it. Sadly this will be the last time Sage gets to celebrate a birthday with these darling girls some of whom have been attending her parties since 2008 but hopefully the memories will last a few more years...

Getting ready:



You never know what your toes will turn out like on pass the polish...



The girls didn't know what to think about wiping green stuff on their faces and putting cucumbers on their eyes...



After making homemade body glitter it was on to smoothies and turkey sandwiches...



I am not being humble when I say I don't have a creative bone in me but I do enjoy doing birthday parties for the kids. I was struggling to come up with a cute cupcake for a spa themed party so this is what I came up with...



And of course the most exciting part of the party...at least for this birthday girl was opening up her presents. It's become a tradition for sweet Annie to bring Sage a dress for her birthday. She always includes some accessory to go with it and this year it was this darling hat. Such cute girls!!!



Sweet Kasey couldn't make it for the party but was able to drop in at the end.



Alyssa is Sage's BFF. They moved in a couple years ago and over the last year her and Sage have become best buds spending every possible moment together. I can't tell you how many phone messages we've gotten from Alyssa over the past year with her crying on the other end when the answering machine comes on. Sage will definitely miss Alyssa when we move...



Could these girls be any cuter!?! It's going to be difficult leaving this great group of girls behind and sadly there was another ten girls Sage would have invited had I been up to the task of having twenty girls at the party. Oh how we're going to miss it here...

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

Well it sounds like she had a great birthday month. That was such a fun idea for the party. I am glad she had a great day.