The poor boys, of all the birthdays you'd think entering double digits would have been one of the most exciting birthdays yet this one was by far the most anti climatic. Unfortunately this birthday crept up on us so quickly. In prior years I have always looked forward to planning their themed parties. This year I was out of ideas and time. Jack was out of town on their actual birthday and the weeks leading up to it were filled with basketball games and final trip preparations. The two weeks following it Jack and I would be away and after we returned we'd have a couple weeks before heading out to Utah for spring break. After discussing options with the boys and assuring them we'd make up for it with a nice birthday gift, they agreed...kind of. I guess with a bit of persuasion...
So what gift would compensate for not having a party? Well, they will be picking out new bikes. Unfortunately the days of Toysrus bikes are gone and it's time to upgrade to nicer bikes which are unbelievably expensive. Sadly we don't get to use bikes much out here but we must be prepared for the two sunny days a year they get to ride their bikes to school...
In the meantime I did quickly pull off some cupcakes and my dear friend Amy was kind enough to drop off some balloons for the kids to help the official day feel a bit more festive...
It's still amazing to me that our sweet miracle babies are ten! They are the sweetest, most loving and kind boys I know. We feel so proud to have been blessed with them and look forward to a future full of laughter, tears, and cherished moments. We love you Connor and Tyler!!!
PS Photos of new bikes will come soon...at least they better... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment