The school year is underway! As I mentioned below, I received a wonderful call from Connor's teacher the first week of school which was nice but not surprising since you really couldn't ask for a better student than Connor. Then when I was volunteering in Ty's class his teacher shared with me a sweet thing that had happened during their first week of school. She said she was discussing with the class that she was pretty certain she had the "best class in the whole school" to which Ty immediately raised his hand and responded "it would be the best class in the whole school if my brother Connor was in this class." That's my sweet Ty! Love the bond these two boys share. Then when I was volunteering in Sage's class her teacher pulled me aside to tell me that every day Sage compliments her. She was curious if this was something I had told Sage to do. That too doesn't surprise me because Sage is always so sweet about paying me compliments. I use to wonder what it was she wanted when she did it but it's become clear over the last year, she just enjoys complimenting people. I always hoped for respectful, kind children because I knew that even if they were goof-offs or got into trouble occasionally, people would cut them more slack if they were courteous and kind. Glad to see it's working!
I was asked to be classroom photographer for Sage's classroom. (This was only because no one else stepped up and clearly they were desperate.) What I like about it though is that I get to be a part of all the special classroom events and field trips. Their first field trip was a "Walking Field Trip" which was a tour of our City's main street looking for particular signs and marking them off as they see them. Here she is growing up on me way too fast...
Well, we are half way through the football season and although the boys experienced their first lost ever this past weekend, I have no doubt as a team they will all grow and learn from it and bounce right back. Losing is a part of life and unfortunately it's not the easiest lesson to learn. I'll do one main post after the season but here's a shot I captured of them before this weekends game as they were lining up for weigh in...
No comments:
Post a Comment