So here's the rundown of the past few weeks:
Sadly, one of my mom's cousins passed away back in January. It was tragic and very sad. The funeral was held on Vancouver Island so the only good news about that was that it meant dad would be able to visit us for a day before catching his return flight back to Salt Lake. Unfortunately mom wasn't able to make it since she was quite sick herself and no one would have wanted to be near her on the airplane but we were thankful to get Grandpa if even for a day!
I can hardly believe that Valentines day has already come and gone. It seems like New Years was just yesterday (and according to my blog it was the last thing worth writing about!) Here are some of the highlights of this year's Valentines day:
This year Daddy delivered in the flower department...literally!!! He had each of the kids greet me with a bouquet of flowers and then he surprised Sage with her own bouquet of pink roses! She LOVED them.
We enjoyed a nice family meal and then the kids dove into their goodies and Valentines cakes I had made for each of them. Pure sugar right before bed cannot be beat...
Jack has learned that jewelry is not the way to my heart. Over the years he's bought me a lot of beautiful jewelry that just doesn't get worn as much as it should. Sadly I have some really nice pieces that I can count on one hand how often I've worn. I'm a pretty simple person that likes simple stuff and as little spent as possible! I think that Jack has figured out that the only thing that I would be too embarrassed to return would be flowers and I must admit I can never turn down a bouquet of lilies! I love the way they make our whole house smell. But what I've come to love most is how much thought and time Jack takes into picking the flowers he brings home to me. I love listening to him tell me something about each bouquet that caused him to select it. Everything from the type of leaves on the stems to the type of "bead" like flowers used as fillers to the contrast of one color against another is stuff he pays attention to. He's become quite the expert on flowers but he knows that as long as I get one lily, his trip has been a success! I feel very lucky to have these four sweet valentines in my life!!!
I had to include this photo of some flowers I picked up last week at Costco. They were cheap and beautiful. I am almost scared to plant them knowing that with all this frost and snow we're getting, they may not last...
I also had to include this photo from a daddy daughter dance that was hosted by our homeowners association a few weeks ago. From what I heard it was amazing. From the goody purses to the food to the decor, they spared no expense. They had a dance instructor come to also teach the girls some moves. The theme was black and white but Sage was adamant about wearing this purple flower clip in her hair. They danced the night away and went to dinner afterwards with a couple other dads and daughters. Fun times for Sage and daddy!!!

The past few weeks sickness has seemed to really hit the house. So far, Jack has been able to stay clear of it and now we have fingers crossed that those of us that are still sick will continue to improve for the better being that mid winter break is next week and we have a trip to enjoy...
1 comment:
Glad to see an update. My blog is the same, pretty neglected since New Year's. All your flowers are beautiful it sounds like you guys had a good V-day. That is so fun that Sage and her daddy have such a good bond. I am sorry that you still have some sickos in the house. I sure hope everyone gets feeling better and that you all have an awesome time on your cruise. Can't wait to see the pictures. I got the coupon email so thanks. I will definetly take a look. Talk to you all soo.
Post a Comment