Thursday, December 23, 2010

signs of the season...

1. A beautiful amaryllis plant from my friend Michele. I've never had one that actually bloomed, not to mention one that bloomed right during the week of Christmas!



2. Ty was determined to make our upstairs landing look more festive so he found some ribbon to add to our garland and lights!



3. Looking forward to getting the mail!!!



On the other hand we ran into Christmas Card Crisis!!! Once again I mistakenly way under ordered Christmas cards this year. I quickly ordered a new one from Costco and again ran out... Note to self: Update the Christmas card list BEFORE ordering!!!

4. Hiding presents and then forgetting where I hid them...a sign of the season and a sign of old age!!!

5. Missing packages in the mail... Heather you and I both know someone is enjoying that Starbucks cold cup and unfortunately it isn't you!!!

6. One full trunk!

7. pomegranates and caramels

8. A well read "Great Big Christmas Toy Catalog" from Toysrus

9. Candle lights in the windows

10. Being mindful of all we have, where it came from, and never taking it for granted!

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

That is such a pretty flower. I love the ribbon Ty added to the garland. And wow you got a lot of Christmas cards. That is one of my most favorite things at Christmas is getting all the card in the mail. But we got no where near what you have.