Thursday, December 30, 2010

December 25, 2010

Well, it was a little after 7 a.m. and who was awake? Well, it wasn't who you'd suspect! It was me! I listened closely, expecting to hear the the quiet whispers of the kids as they sorted through presents trying to figure out which ones were for who. Amazingly, I was greeted by silence! I then thought to myself well this is awkward. I'm awake and no one else is!!! I guess that's the one advantage of kids going to bed so late on Christmas eve...

So here's the traditional "before the storm" photo in front of the tree.



This year, the kids really didn't ask for much. The boys were only interested in Nerf (as if we needed any more Nerf guns laying around the house) and as long as they keep getting bigger and better, I'll keep hearing about how much they need them...



All Sage asked for was a "Barbie Babysitter" that she had seen at Costco. I think the main thing she cared about was the little "talking potty" that came with it. She also had wanted a "pink" sled. That was a bit tougher to find but luckily Santa came through and found one. We've pretty much determined that if it's pink or Barbie, Sage will love it!!!




Aside from Nerf, all Connor had mentioned were Harry Potter books and video games! His wishes were granted and boy was he happy!



Ty couldn't have been happier to receive a second Nerf gun from Grandma and Grandpa. Thankfully we we were able to come up with a few other things he was thrilled to get! If it needs to be built, he will love it!



Sadly, the Kinect which I purposely never mentioned to the boys before Christmas because I wanted it to be an unexpected surprise didn't get the jaw dropping excitement I had hoped for. I had to pretty much point out to the kids there was still one gift under the tree that needed to be opened. I think the fact it was addressed to all three kids made it less desirable to open. That all changed once we had friends come over in the evening and we had a dance jam! Within a short time, it was quite the hit. If Sage was 16 I'd probably not be too excited watching some of her moves from Dance Central but at 4, she looks absolutely adorable! Photos of the dance session? Well no, thankfully the Xbox already has taken over 700 for us... Boy who would have ever imagined we'd be communicating to our TV with our hand?!



Every year I say I'm going to get a picture of the kids with all their stuff they got and every year I forget until right before bed after everything has been taken out of it's boxes and played with. There have been several occasions when my mom or a friend has asked "what do you get a 6 year old?", etc. I am pretty good about capturing photos from their birthdays but never seem to get one from Christmas so this year I told the kids to put their stuff out so I could have a record of it! Try not to pay close attention to Barbie's wardrobe malfunction. We're just having to accept the idea that Barbie's halter top works better as a belt...




Finally after a tasty dinner, we invited some friends over to hang out, eat desserts, and test their skills at Kinect. Who knew Jack would end up with a five star performance on Dance Central!!! Of course I determined that it must have something to do with the fact that Jack is much larger than me so it's easier for the camera to register and tract his moves...haha! Let's just say you'll never see me on Dancing with the Stars but you just may see my partners in crime, Tricia and Susannah...



It's hard to post an entry like this and not emphasize how grateful we are for all of our blessings including our health, home, and family. We recognize that these precious things can so easily be taken from us at any time but thankfully because of our Savior and his gospel, our family, will forever remain intact. We pray this new year is one full of many more cherished moments with family and friends and our hearts are full for those we know and love who are suffering in their own personal lives. Our prayers are always with you. Cheers to a happy new year!

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

Well it looks like Santa was very good to everyone. Yeah we would have loved to see everyone, but I totally understand. That is so much work. And I hate driving in bad weather. Hope we will see you all soon.