The football season may be officially over but thankfully the friendships we created are just beginning. I have to say I'm probably more sad than the boys are that the season is over. We've made some great friends and we're all counting down until the next season...
Monday, November 29, 2010
The party that mattered most...
After the exciting conclusion to the boys' championship game a couple weeks ago there was a team celebration at the Red Robin but the real celebration, or as the boys would say the one that mattered most, took place last week at the team dinner party. Not even a snow blizzard was going to keep this party from happening. Thankfully everyone was still able to make it including Jack who was stuck in traffic on a highway that had turned into an ice skating rink with people abandoning their cars after they had slid off the road. His thirty minute commute may have taken over 2 hours but at least he made it and was able to grab the cakes that almost got forgotten at Costco on the way! (It's times like this I'm thankful for two gas guzzling 4x4s!) Aside from the dessert making it, the highlight of the evening by far was watching Coach Casey talk about each player and their contribution to the team. It was very heart felt, motivating and sincere. Of course I'm sure the highlight for all the boys was being handed their trophy. Unfortunately due to lighting I wasn't able to get many great shots but here are a couple:


The football season may be officially over but thankfully the friendships we created are just beginning. I have to say I'm probably more sad than the boys are that the season is over. We've made some great friends and we're all counting down until the next season...
The football season may be officially over but thankfully the friendships we created are just beginning. I have to say I'm probably more sad than the boys are that the season is over. We've made some great friends and we're all counting down until the next season...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment