Wednesday, July 7, 2010

True love = sitting through a country music concert with your hubby...

So a little over a week ago Jack and I went to the Dwight Yoakam concert. Countless people have asked, "Who is he?" I had no idea myself, but once Jack heard he was coming to perform just a couple miles from our house, he was like a kid in candy shop, hardly able to contain his excitement. A big thank you to my sweet friend Rachel's sister who was able to snag us some really good tickets. Surprisingly it wasn't because we were the only ones in attendance either. The place was actually filled to capacity and we were in the 3rd row in the nice cushioned seats. I think the attire of Dwight will give you an idea of the type of music he sings and no, those are not spray-on pants. They are actually that tight...




If anything, it was a great opportunity to have a date with Jack (who by the way will tell you it was one of the best concerts he's been too and he's been to quite a few) and do some people watching. Who knew there would be such an interesting crowd of people at this concert! If only I had the guts to take photos of some of the attendees. All I can say is WOW!

3 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

Wow that is nice of you. I can't believe Jack likes Dwight Yokam of all the country music stars there are out there. Oh well I am glad that he had a good time and enjoyed the concert and it is always fun to have a date night even if it is something you don't particularly enjoy.

Kristin said...

Love outdoor concerts! Any concert sounds great outdoors. Love sitting on a blanket, listening to music under the stars.

Teage said...

He stole my pants!