Saturday, October 10, 2009

So long soccer season...hello holiday season!

So we made it through another season of soccer and I can proudly say the two most improved players on the team came from this household. Considering they took last season off because I thought we'd be moving, I was pretty happy with how well they did. They didn't start out as the strongest players but by the end of the season, they were pretty close. This seems to be a running theme with our boys. At first we were a bit nervous that perhaps we were raising better referees than players as both were fantastic at running up and down the field watching the ball without actually touching it much. Mysteriously, that changed on games that Jack was at. On those days, some other "Tyler" and "Connor" showed up. No one wants the wrath of dad on the car ride home (ha ha) so they know to give it their best effort when dad's in attendance. Just like in basketball, Connor is excellent on defense. He sticks close to "his man". He just needs to work on kicking the ball with more power when passing it or attempting a goal. Ty on the other hand is awesome at getting the ball out of tricky spots and taking it down the field for a goal. Once Ty masters accuracy when attempting a goal there will be no stopping him. The season couldn't have ended more perfectly with both boys playing very, very well and BOTH of them making goals in this last game (oh, and the team winning!) :)

Ty baby taking it down the field and making a goal...




Connor in on the action ...



I loved that when someone got a goal, Ty would make a point to run up to them and high five them. Here he is giving Connor a high five after scoring his first goal this season.



I think this photo speaks for itself...



Daddy paying close attention...



Of course, besides winning the games, a big highlight is receiving the medal...



I just need to say that this year the boys had AWESOME coaches. Coach Noel and Coach Joe were clearly more organized and prepared then any other coach we played against and they were awesome with instructing the kids and giving feedback. Kudos for their patience with 9 crazy boys...

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

Awesome job Con and Ty!!! Laurie, tell them their Uncle Gary is mighty proud of them. I can't wait to have Boston and Preston on the fields. Great photography as well.