Connor's teacher sends out emails every so often describing the atmosphere in the classroom. In the first email she indicated that some of the kids were being a bit disruptive and also lectured the parents about making sure kids weren't bringing toys to class. I responded that I'd appreciate any feedback she had on Connor. This is what I got back:
I'd like to place an order for 24 more just like Connor! I've really enjoyed having him in class. He can be rather serious at times. I love his eagerness.
Something funny and cute happened last week with Connor. I wasn't sure he would tell you this story, so I wanted to share it with you.
We were lining up for lunch and one of the boys asked me why his hands were stinging after using the hand sanitizer. I explained that he probably had some tiny cuts on his hands and that the alcohol in the sanitizer was burning just a little, but that it was ok, because it was cleaning his cuts at the same time. Connor was standing behind this boy and heard our conversation. He stuck his hands out, looked rather alarmed and said in a panicked voice, "I'm not supposed to touch alcohol!!!"
I have several children with severe allergies, so my mind is racing, trying to remember anything about an alcohol allergy while looking at his hands for any evidence that they are blistering or about to fall off or something. Connor was still panicking, his voice getting a little higher pitched with every piece of information he could give me: "I've already touched it. I used it today." Then he finally gets to the part that helps me the most, "My mom and dad don't even touch alcohol. We're Mormon!"
Whew. I tried to explain that the hand sanitizer contains rubbing alcohol, which is a different kind from what he was thinking. He seemed ok after that.
Thanks for the email-
Martha Thomason
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So funny! What a good kid he is!
That is darling! Aren't you so happy that he's paying attention to the things you're teaching him?
That is too cute. What a good boy. That is so nice to have such great feedback about your child. Way to go Connor.
Love it! Don't you just pray that they are always that brave and faithful.
Too funny! I love it that Connor's teacher shared this with you! Great vacation pics... WOW!!!
Post a Comment