Monday, June 15, 2009
A lollipop = A good sign!
Last Monday when I reached into my night stand to grab a diaper, there were none. I knew I had a box in Sage's room but decided to use this as an opportunity to start potty training. (You'd think being the only one of all her friends would be reason enough for her to want to attempt it but oh no, not Sage. She was happy proudly marching around in her diaper.) So, I told Sage we were all out of diapers and showed her the remains of the plastic wrap that was still in my night stand. When I told her it was time to grab a pair of the dusty underwear that hadn't seen the light since Christmas, she was not happy but with some redirection about which ones would she like to wear, the Dora ones or the Tinkerbell ones, and the opportunity to pick from princess fruit snacks or smarties as a treat with the final treat being the lollipop that has been waiting for her in a vase for the past 6 months, she suddenly started to get excited. I'm a believer in the 3 day program as it worked with the boys. I was getting a bit nervous though on Day 2 when we had only one trip to the toilet that included actually peeing but she pleasantly surprised me with not one accident on day 3 and a dry bed in the morning. Since pull ups are not an option and neither is going to bed in a diaper it's an all or nothing thing. Thankfully Sage seems to be OK with that... So at 3 years and 1 month I'm celebrating...finally!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah! That is so exciting. Isn't it nice not to have anymore diapers to change.
Congrats to both of you.
That was basically how old Allie was. But I have you beat... Josh was 3 1/2. I believe in the 3 day program too. Just wait until they are old enough and it shouldn't take more than 3 days. Do I win mother of the year?
Woo hoo! Victory! Way to stick to your plan and good for Sage!
Post a Comment