No doubt the Disney cruise last November was a turning point in Sage's life. It was princess heaven and Sage was mesmerized by all the princesses on board! For Christmas we made sure Santa arrived with a chest full of dress up stuff. Since then a favorite play date activity is seeing how many princess dresses the girls can change in and out of in two hours in addition to how many necklaces, bracelets and rings they can stack on. And of course there is always the final touch of picking out the right shoes. After a few months of this, there was no question as to what Sage's birthday theme would be this year. Finally the day arrived. There were eight princesses, a few siblings and lots of pink! Here are a few shots from Sage's special day...turning 3!
The arrival of the guests. I think everyone would agree that Anne got the award for best dressed princess, although they were all darn cute.
Next it was time for the moms to test their wand making abilities. Here Eden and Taylor are showing off their results.
Then we moved on to the Kiss the Frog game. Each princess got to test their skills at kissing a frog blindfolded (see Sage and Issabella below). With the exception of a couple scared princesses (see Madeline clinging to mommy) who wanted nothing to do with kissing a frog, the girls loved putting on some lipstick and testing out their smacking abilities. Once they completed this task they were awarded with beautiful tiaras that nobody seemed to enjoy wearing. Lesson learned: Don't waste the money on the tiaras with the combs...
Cupcake time. Since I've proven (with the exception of last years Elmo cupcakes) to have absolutely no creativity or talent when it comes to making cool cakes, I had to find cool cupcake holders. I think the girls really enjoyed eating their cupcakes out of these cool princess cupcake holders as you can see from the smiles on Sage, Melia, and Gretchen's faces:
Present time. Nothing beats a bunch of little girls all sitting super close to watch the presents get opened. These princesses definitely all earned their goodie bags. I think when the boys were this age, I'd just cringe when it came time for the birthday child to open their presents knowing my boys would be screaming as they handed over their gift!
And finally attempting a group shot. Special thanks to Jen for getting some laughs out of the girls and to Sommer and Rachel for snapping a bunch of these shots since my camera was out of commission. What a fun morning!!!
4 comments:
Looks like she had a fun day. I love all the pictures. Your pics you had done for her b-day are so cute. I am glad that she had such a good birthday and all the other days that came with it.
She is definatly the princess in your family, she obviously has those brothers wrapped around her finger along with her mom and dad. Can't wait to see you guys sometime in the near future.
This is our kind of party. Allie would have LOVED it! And I agree... birthday's are NEVER just one day. CELEBRATE!!!!
Well, thanks for planning my li'l princess's birthday party for me! Sounds like a ball! I love the kiss the frog game.
Happy birthday, Sage!
Post a Comment