Saturday, January 17, 2009

What's cool about January (besides the weather)...

What can I say, I just have never been a fan of the month of January. And to top this January off, we've had the most strange weather. First we had all the snow (which we LOVED), then the wind (didn't love so much), then the rain (expected), which led to the floods (crazy), and now lots of fog (eerie). It's crazy cold, my heater is pumping and our pocketbook is emptying as we pay close to $600 a month on heating... Anyone care to visit soon? :)

Here are some of the prettier photos of our weather. It didn't seem appropriate to send Jack out with the camera as he helped total strangers clean up after the floods in downtown Snoqualmie. I did take the kids to see the Falls but was too scared to venture out into the floods. Funny because I even have a setting on my car which is specifically for "high waters" yet was too chicken to test it out.



Here are some of the more favorite things that have been going on around our house the past few weeks:

- We started the new year off with a wedding. All I remember is hearing "Mom, I dressed in my bestest clothes to marry Sage"...nice! Gotta love the 2 sizes to small pants and shirt and his crown he made for himself. Within 5 minutes a baby was added to the family. I don't know what we'd do without Ty. He's such a great big brother to Sage. She absolutely adores him and I know he adores her even if she does annoy him by calling him 'Ty Baby' and you can see why. What's not to love about a brother who dresses you in your princess dress and tells you how beautiful you look.



- School started. Well of course school would start but remember, we had three snow days before the winter break. Then we had almost a whole week off the week after the winter break.

- Favorite things I overheard coming out of the kids mouths:

"Man Con, you are getting ripped!" Connor responds "ya, I know!" Later that evening I found a bunch of Jack's weights in the media room that they must have been lifting.

Connor, very sad that Olivia didn't want to play with him at school says, "Olivia is very pretty on the outside but" and Ty interrupts and says "but she is UGLY on the inside"...Ouch, but happy to hear that is something that even 6 year olds pay attention to.

- Favorite sport of the month...Basketball! I can say that I don't see professional basketball players in the boys' future but I can say they looked darn cute out there and they gave it their best. I guess I shouldn't have high expectations for a team named "the Penguins". Seriously, who names a team that? Thankfully all my friends whose kids are in 2nd grade and played last year said "we've all been there, a year ago in fact"...it's a bit painful to watch but things can only improve from this point!!! I can say Connor is fabulous at defense and Ty has an arm for shooting.




- Other news of the month: We are finally entering the era of the 3rd row. Yes, I am finally getting a new car. And, no we are not expecting. We just need more space!!! It was even news to Jack until right after I wired the funds. But he had no problem with that since he's been begging me to do it for some time. But when I find something I like, I move on it. Seriously on our street I think we are the only ones that don't get a new car every year. It's like a car show in our neighborhood but Jack and I aren't too proud to drive our old beaters. I just remind him, at least ours are paid for. I'm hard to please when it comes to cars so when I find one I like, I stick with it. The new car arrives on a truck tomorrow and I must admit I'm terribly nervous to drive it as I'm not used to driving such a big beast but the good news is that I'm not actually parting with "my old beater". The Rover is heading to Utah to be our ski/summer vehicle which is good or I'd probably shed tears over it's departure. Perhaps it was time to get a new car. I did end up losing a piece of my car in the car wash this week...

4 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

What a good brother Ty is. That is too cute. I love all the things that the boys say. They are so funny. That is excited that you are getting your new car. I am a little jealous. But good for you. Gary says it is really nice.

Dion Seneca said...

I've been out of the blogging loop for a while now. It was fun to read about your cute family!

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

I can always count on your posts to give me a good long chuckle and brighten my day (or middle of the night).

Lisa said...

Ah I miss the Northwest! Just seeing your pictures bring back so many good memories. I can't believe we have been here 3 yrs alreay! Your kids are so cute! Hope you all are well.