Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I just love December!

December Favorites:

1. Going to the mailbox!!! I practically stalk the mail man each day...

2. Holiday music. Although when I asked the boys as we were driving today what they thought about the music we were listening to (it was what sounded like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing Oh Holy Night). Expecting them to comment on the beauty of it, Connor's response in the most sincere voice was "why are we listening to Halloween music?" Nice. Clearly something not listened to frequently if at all in our home.

3. Check marks! I am not a list person but boy are they necessary in December when I'm trying to keep up with the ever changing Santa lists that my boys have going on. Compound that with Christmas card lists and boy do I feel productive. Check, Check, Check!

4. The weather. Even though I've learned that one's definition of a "snow day" can be very different from an others. Thanks to a school district that puts way too much weight on an inaccurate weatherman, my kids were home from school today for a "snow day" putting a halt to me checking my list twice... and no they weren't outside sledding or building a snowman since there was NO SNOW!

5. Parties! This year we went to a couple great ones. Shout out to Ty and Rachel because we had a blast at yours and also how nice it was to go to Jack's work party. Another reminder of how thankful we are during this time of year to have a job when so many people are struggling to keep one. Let's hope I can say the same thing next year.

6. Christmas dinner...check. Purchased Monday. It's tradition for me to make a big prime rib and how much more enjoyable it will be this year to share it with my family who will be in town.

7. Pictures with Santa! No check yet. As mentioned above, the boys' lists this year were especially ever changing and the main reason for that is that this is the first year that we have yet to get to Bellevue Square to do our annual photos with Santa. In the boys' mind, if they haven't told him, they aren't obligated to keep it on the list. Lesson learned: never wait this long to get to Santa!

Totally unrelated to this post, I just had to add a few photos. The other night Jack had invited a bunch of guys over to play darts. When Nick showed up he had Jen and little Tay with him, which couldn't have made Sage more happy. What made it especially exciting was when Sage answered he door she found Tay wearing the same PJ's that she had on. You can see from these photos the pure excitement they shared (and also the fact that we are raising a brute who clearly hangs out with her two older brothers a bit too much...)






Can you tell who has the older brothers to look to for examples...



All Smiles!

2 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

I love going to the mailbox everyday too. I try to get it done before Gary gets home. I can't wait to see who we have gotten a Christmas card from. Cute pictures. That is funny how Sage is trying to restle the other little girl. They looked so cute together in their matching pj's.

Bailey Bunch said...

Thanks for the shout out on the party. I think Jack was the life of it!:) It was a blast! Thanks also for the great shopping night that we had last week! Fun times! I hope you are having fun with all you family here! Merry Christmas friend!