Wednesday, August 6, 2008

S is for swimming, snorkeling, skiing, and SKYDIVING...

So, my brother Paul called a couple weeks before we were coming out to Utah asking if Jack would be interested in going skydiving with him. I guess it was always something he wanted to do for his 30th birthday. Without hesitating Jack agreed. By the time we had gotten to Utah, the group had grown to include my dad also. So this past Saturday, dad decides he's not quite up for it. Good thing I hadn't planned on going before we arrived that afternoon as I'm sure in the past couple weeks I would have lost 10 lbs. just thinking about it. It was clear from the clothes I arrived in that I wasn't dressed for the occasion with flip flops and a shirt that my camera man thought reminded him of someone looking to go dancing more than someone going skydiving...

Here we are picking out our flashy attire. Of course Paul thought he was too cool to join in and wear the suit. Sage was not happy about the whole thing which kind of spooked me since she was clueless to what we were actually doing.



Our ride up. It took us about 20 minutes to get up to altitude and about 8 minutes to get down.




From freefalling to parachuting to landing. I don't know what's worse, being the first to jump or the last. I was the last!

Here's Paul:



Next is Jack:



And finally me. You'll notice what great form I had as I exited the plane with my legs kicking and us tumbling into a back flip. I made up for it with my graceful landing. :)




What's not to like about the cone head I had to wear?



The View from below:

6 comments:

Mara said...

ARE YOU NUTS?!! I would rather rip my toenails out with chopsticks than sky dive. You're my hero, in a really sick and twisted way. :) Miss ya! Mara

The Knudsen Family said...

Way to go, all of you. I can't believe you decided to do it. I am a little jealous. Wish I could have come. That looks like alot of fun.

Bailey Bunch said...

Laurie, that is amazing! When you emailed me and told me you went, I thought how crazy. You got the most amazing pictures. I bet that is a experience you will never forget! I am glad you are having fun!:)

Dion Seneca said...

NO WAY!!! I don't have any desire to do that! I would much rather look at your awesome pictures and be happy that you got to do something so totally crazy!

teage-and-erin said...

Oh my goodness Laurie, that is crazy!! I totally admire you for doing it, it is something on my life list as well. I am so proud of you! :)

Anonymous said...

You are a crazy woman. I can't believe you did that:)! I'm sure you will never forget it!!